Lambing - a period of 5 to 9 weeks (variable); during March to May
during this period restrictions and/or prohibitions are in place on most flying sites.
Northerly sites are most sensitive - see:
Lambing Restriction Map
In all areas not covered by the map, the general rules regarding lambing must still be respected.
Southerly sites are less sensitive - general rules apply - read here below!
In all cases, during this period:
- Give livestock plenty of time to make their own arrangements.
- Let them know you are there - rather than surprise them!
- Do not scrape for lift, come away from the hill.
- It is the noise and size of the wing above them that frighten livestock most!
- If in doubt, err on the side of caution and give the farmers a wave.
- Better, stop and chat if you see them out (which you probably will!).
- Dogs are not allowed - Under any circumstance!
Should you have an Emergency Landing in a no-go area, please go explain to the farmer why it was necessary;
please report the incident to the club, it allows us to keep a good relationship with the farmers and for all,
the further use of the sites.